The financial and career educational game, made for this moment.
Make your mark by becoming a sponsor.
Claim Your Future® (CYF) is a proven, powerful game that encourages students to explore career pathways, financial decision making, and the future return on investment of post-secondary education and training.
From the classroom to the digital world.
Developed by the Finance Authority of Maine, CYF began as a classroom game kit, but has since expanded into a digital experience to meet the needs of a changing educational landscape. We offer editions for Middle School and Younger and High School and Beyond.
Why Claim Your Future®?
Become part of a game that has a tremendous impact on the lives of students:
- Customize digital game with your brand, up to 125 careers, local expenses, and salary levels.
- Help students learn crucial life skills through an engaging, memorable game.
- Game kits priced competitively at only $299 – less than $1 per student use. Volume discounts available.
The success of “Claim Your Future®” is field-tested and proven:
- Played by more than 420,000 students
- Adopted in all 50 states and 90 countries
- Fun and engaging for educators and students alike
There’s never been a more urgent need for programs like this.
- In times of financial uncertainty, advancing financial education is more important than ever
- CYF is adaptable and ideal for remote learning, hybrid classrooms, and independent lessons
Gain lasting, positive recognition with teachers, students and parents:
- Engage with students and educators through everything from logo placements on the game kits or within the online game or pre-roll video.
- Advance the mission of 21st century education while receiving recognition for your contributions.
- Engage with users for 15-30 minutes of game play.
- The conversation continues at home as students discuss careers and budget choices with their families.
To learn more about the benefits of becoming a sponsor, call us at 1-800-228-3734 or email us at email@example.com. Join us, and support tomorrow’s workforce, consumers, and citizens when they need your help the most: right now.
We encourage you to experience the game first-hand, request a demo or play the digital version.
- Help students learn crucial life skills through an engaging and memorable game.
- Fully customizable, including your brand/logo and up to 125 careers with regional expenses and state-level salary data.
- Game kits priced competitively at only $299 — less than $1 per student use. Volume discounts available.
- Expert train-the-trainer workshops available to your staff and customers.
FAQ for Potential Sponsors
Sponsors buy Claim Your Future to expand their mission to promote financial wellness and/or associate their brand and organization with a high quality learning experience. It also allows them to connect with thousands of students of all ages – students spend between 15-45 minutes playing Claim Your Future, and years later, they remember playing the game and feel that it was positive experience.
Teachers value Claim Your Future as an “out-of-the-box lesson plan” that helps them engage students in a hands-on, memorable way that can be built upon for future lessons about careers, education and training after high school, and money management.
Students have fun and engage with one another, and often bring the lessons they learned home to share with their families.
A few key features set Claim Your Future apart from other financial education programs:
- The game can be customized to include regional salary and living expense data, specific college and post-secondary credential options, and unique careers.
- Students can play the classroom game kit at school, and then take the lesson home to play online with their family.
- The game can be played in as little as one 45-minute session, or as part of a full unit on careers, or personal finance.
- Organizations can co-brand both the classroom game kit and the digital game with their logo – see more branding information below.
- Claim Your Future online and hand-held game kits are affordable compared to other options.
Claim Your Future was developed for and by educators at the Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) to help improve Maine students’ financial capabilities. It has been so successful in Maine that we expanded the opportunity for other students outside of Maine. FAME’s mission is to help families afford higher education in part through financial literacy programming. As a quasi-independent state agency, revenue we generate goes back into financial education for Maine people.
Claim Your Future has been purchased and/or co-branded by state agencies, nonprofit entities, GEAR UP organizations, schools, colleges and universities, credit unions, YMCAs, and many others. These organizations purchase the game to expand their brand and associate it with career and college planning, and/or financial education. Other interested partners include, Boys & Girls Clubs, scout troops, libraries, philanthropic foundations, 529 plans, organizations that provide services to college-bound students, corporations, and others.
No. FAME created Claim Your Future (formerly known as Get a Life) in 2008 and redesigned the game kit and website in 2015. Since the program was launched commercially, over 420,000 students from around the globe have played the game in the classroom and online.
Many experts and educators believe that students learn best with “hands-on” activities in a group setting that encourages discussion with peers. In addition, high school students benefit tremendously by working with classmates to discuss future college and career plans.
According to the University of Washington Center for Teaching and Learning, “Engaging students in the learning process increases their attention and focus, motivates them to practice higher-level critical thinking skills and promotes meaningful learning experiences.”
- Student engagement. Classroom games encourage students to become more involved in the learning process and interact with other students. This type of engagement can help students understand new concepts or improve existing knowledge. When students are engaged in the learning process, they are more likely to retain the information they are learning.
- Interest in learning. Traditional teaching methods are not always enough to hold students’ interest. For some students, being able to actively participate in classroom games can promote a deeper appreciation for the material they are learning and a stronger interest in the learning process.
- Skill development. Games in the classroom do more than just provide students with educational experience. They can also help students work on several important skills, including social skills and critical-thinking skills. Games provide students with the opportunity to learn about teamwork and practice resolving conflicts or disagreements with other students. They can help students learn how to examine information critically as well.*
Want to learn more? See it in action!
Missouri State Teachers Association, February 24, 2016
Yes! Hundreds of thousands of students from every state and as far away as Australia have played Claim Your Future online. The best part is, organizations can brand a unique, online CYF website and bring it to their students, customers, users, etc. Each site has its own sub-domain website address to help attract your audience.
Students and teachers love Claim Your Future! Hear what they have to say on these videos.
“It’s an engaging activity for students in the moment, but it’s also memorable. After using Claim Your Future in class last spring, students are still referencing the knowledge they gained from the activity this fall.” ~Vermont educator
“The kit was so easy to use! You just open the box and in minutes you can be engaging the students. It was amazing how much they learned – so many “ah-ha!” moments!” ~Kathy Boucher, teacher
“This was eye-opening and fun to compare with friends. I hadn’t thought about all the expenses I will have after college. I’m looking forward to playing at home with Mom – she will be floored!” ~Donna, 10th grade student
Claim Your Future was designed for and is successfully used by high school and junior high students. The game has been played by younger elementary school students, college students, and even adults.
The kits are sold for a retail price of $299 each. Volume, non-profit discounts, and/or discounts with online licensing purchase are available. Customization of branding, careers, salaries, and living expenses is available for orders of 100 kits or more. Each kit contains 50 career wheels which can be played by multiple grades and classes and serve hundreds of students, often costing less than $1 per student game play.
The CYF digital version hosts up to 125 careers and can be licensed for your intended audience for as low as $2,000 per month. There are micro and national websites available.
Both the hand-held game kits and the digital version can be branded with the logo of a buyer/sponsor organization, such as a nonprofit, college or university, financial institution or other agency.
Call us at 800-228-3734 or email us at sales@ClaimYourFuture.org.